Diversity & Inclusion
The Prosperity Agenda values diversity and it is expressed in all aspects of our work, from the individuals and communities we serve to our organizational culture, employees and volunteers.
We understand that historic structural inequities have influenced each one of us, and we use this knowledge to deliberately cultivate the success of all people and treat everyone with dignity, humanity and respect.
The Prosperity Agenda believes that our capacity to affect sustainable change is strengthened when diverse individuals, beliefs and perspectives are included. We model an institutional commitment to equity by investing resources at all levels and working toward measurable indicators of change.
Diversity & Inclusion Policy
The Prosperity Agenda is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The Prosperity Agenda’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- All employees of The Prosperity Agenda have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
- All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participation events.
- All employees are also required to attend and complete annual diversity awareness training to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action.
Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor or an HR representative.